The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, known as the "Affordable Care Act" (ACA), has three stated objectives: to increase health care accessibility, affordability and quality. The Affordable Care Act implemented and enforces the individual responsibility (also known as "Individual Mandate") and the employer shared responsibility (also known as "Play-or-Pay") provisions to support these objectives.
Essentially, the State of Arizona is subject to a penalty under the ACA Employee Shared Responsibility if it:
- Fails to offer any full-time employee (and their dependents) the opportunity to enroll in minimum essential coverage (MEC); or
- Fails to offer a full-time employee (and their dependents) coverage that is either affordable or does not provide minimum value; or
- Fails to properly report information on 1094/1095 statements.
This website is intended to be an ACA resource for State Agencies and employees to assist in ensuring the State remains compliant.
Information for Agencies
- Ensuring ACA Compliance ~ Important Tips
- ACA Designation Guide / Flow Chart
- ADOA Benefit Services Division Training Presentation
- New Hire and Job Change Benefit Eligibility Determination Chart
Information for Employees
- Announcement Regarding 1095-C Statements
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding 1095-C
- Request to Reprint 1095-C
For detailed information regarding Affordable Care Act, please visit IRS website.
If you have general questions regarding ACA, please contact Benefits Services Divisions at 602-542-5008 or [email protected]