Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) allow you to set aside pretax dollars to pay:
- Healthcare expenses
- Out-of-pocket child care expenses for dependents under the age of 13.
FSA TYPES & Contribution Amounts
There are three types of FSA Accounts. You specify the annual dollar amount of your earnings to be deposited to each account.
- Healthcare FSA - Minimum: $130 / Maximum: $2,600.
Pays for qualified medical, dental, and vision expenses, including insurance copays and deductibles. EPO and PPO participants only.
- Limited Purpose FSA - Minimum: $130 / Maximum: $2,600.
Pairs with a health savings account to help you pay for dental and vision expenses. (HSA participants only.)
- Dependent Care FSA - Minimum: $260 / Maximum: $5,000 ($2,500 if married & filing separately).
Pays for the care of a dependent child or adult so that you can work. (IRS regulations may require ADOA to reduce your contribution due to IRS non-discrimation test requirements. The Dependent Care FSA for Highly Compensated Employee contribution is limited to $1,600 in 2018. (A Highly Compensated Employee is defined by the IRS as having earned $120,000 or more in 2017.)
Must be completed annually during:
- New Hire Enrollment
- Open Enrollment
You must re-enroll for the account(s) each year.
Summary Plan Description
ASI Flex - FSA Administrator
Our FSA Administrator is ASI.
ASIFlex FSA Debit Card
This optional card has many benefits
- Your debit card will be pre-loaded with the entire amount of the deductions you selected for the plan year.
- This makes it much more convenient to use your FSA contributions.
- The ASIFlex Debit Card is a limited-use benefit card that will allow you to pay the merchant or healthcare provider directly from your health FSA account.
- The card is accepted at healthcare and retail providers that accept VISA. At the point-of-sale, simply present your card for payment.
- The advantage of the card is that you do not have to pay with cash or personal credit card.
- The merchant will process the transaction; then the card company will then report the transaction to ASIFlex.
- Use of the debit card is not paperless, and documentation is required in many cases.
- Only provide documentation to ASIFlex upon request.
- ASIFlex will notify you if documentation is required.
Sign Up for an ASI Flex VISA Debit
- You must be enrolled in an FSA to apply for a debit card.
- To enroll in the optional debit card program, visit asiflex.com, then click on Programs > Debit Card.
University Faculty and Staff: Please see your HR website for your flexible spending account options.