- Free tests are widely available at doctor’s offices, pharmacies, and numerous other locations around the state. Please visit azhealth.gov/covid19testing.
- Walk-up saliva tests at State facilities in Flagstaff, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Tucson. Find hours and locations here. COVID-19 saliva testing has concluded at ADOA.
How To Decide if you need a test
- You do not need a doctor to approve your test. However, call your healthcare provider right away if you believe you might have been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms such as fever, cough, or trouble breathing. (If you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.)
FIND A TESTING LOCATION
- If you would like to find a testing location yourself, please visit the Arizona Department of Health Services COVID-19 page at azhealth.gov/covid19testing
No Copays for COVID-19 Testing
We have received a few reports of State medical plan members being charged a copay for COVID-19 testing. If this happens, here’s what you can do:
- If the provider attempts to collect payment from you, please use this link to find a letter explaining our benefit.
- If you have already paid a copay, contact your medical carrier for assistance on receiving a refund.