- Nasal Swab Tests - Free tests are widely available at doctor’s offices, pharmacies, public clinics, and numerous other locations around the state. Visit azhealth.gov/testing for locations.
- Walk-up Saliva Tests - ASU offers facilities in Flagstaff, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Tucson. Find hours and locations here. Even if appointments are full on the registration site, you may still walk up a get a test. Results are available online, often within 24 hours. COVID-19 saliva testing has concluded at ADOA. Insurance coverage is not required to use this service.
- At-Home Tests
EMERGENCY ROOMS and Testing
- Hospitals report that people with no symptoms or mild symptoms are seeking COVID-19 tests at emergency rooms instead of designated testing sites. This is making it more difficult to care for people facing medical emergencies.
- Please use the links listed above for COVID-19 testing if you have no symptoms or mild symptoms.
- Of course, if you have a medical emergency, or are experiencing symptoms like trouble breathing, uncontrolled bleeding, altered mental state, or signs of a stroke or heart attack, don’t hesitate to go to an emergency room to get the attention you need.
How To Decide if you need a test
- You do not need a doctor to approve your test. However, call your healthcare provider right away if you believe you might have been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms such as fever, cough, or trouble breathing. (If you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.)
No Copays for COVID-19 Testing
- If the provider attempts to collect payment from you, please use this link to find a letter explaining our benefit.
- If you have already paid a copay, contact your medical carrier for assistance in receiving a refund.
COVID-19 AT-HOME TEST REIMBURSEMENT
- After May 11, 2023, home tests will no longer be covered for reimbursement. However, you can purchase these tests with your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
- If you cannot obtain an at-home test, please see "Testing Information" above.