Dual Enrollment Rules
DUPLICATE/DUAL ENROLLMENT POLICY
- Duplicate/dual enrollment in State plans is prohibited and will be terminated with no refunds for the premiums paid. For spouses who are State employees, State University employees, or retirees, these rules apply:
- You cannot enroll each other as dependents nor have your children enrolled twice.
- One spouse may elect coverage for the entire family, or each spouse may elect their own individual coverage.
- All of your dependent children can be on one spouse's policy or the children can be divided between the spouses.
- If your child is a State employee or State University employee, they cannot be enrolled as a single subscriber in a State plan AND as a dependent on your policy.
- You cannot enroll simultaneously as a single subscriber in the retiree medical, dental, and/or vision plans for the Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) AND the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).