BENEFITS ELIGIBLE PERSONS
You and your eligible dependents may participate in the Benefits Options program if:
- You are an active employee of the State or a State University and are regularly scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week for at least 90 days or longer; OR
- You are a seasonal, temporary, or variable hour employee that has been paid for an average of at least 30 hours per week using a 12-month measurement period.
To maintain eligibility through the annual standard measurement period of October 10th each year through October 9th of the following year, regularly scheduled employees must be paid for a minimum of 1,040 hours per year; seasonal, temporary or variable hour employees must be paid for a minimum of 1,560 hours per year.
Spouse & Dependents
- Your legal spouse
- Your child(ren) under 26 years old defined as:
- Your natural child, adopted child, stepchild, foster child, or a child for whom you have court-ordered guardianship.
- Your child who is disabled and continues to be disabled as defined by 42 U.S.C. 1382c before the age of 26.
For dependents being enrolled for the first time in the following categories: your legal spouse; your child(ren) under age 26 defined as: natural, adopted, step, foster, under court-ordered placement pending adoption or guardianship. Submit the birth/marriage certificate and applicable court order within 14 days to complete processing. Federal law requires a Social Security Number (SSN) for all dependents enrolled in State plans. Failure to submit documents will result in disenrollment.
ADDING/REMOVING COVERAGE - QUALIFIED LIFE EVENTS
Returning from an Approved Leave
If coverage was modified at initiation of leave, you must elect your previous level of medical, dental and/or vision coverage. Premiums must be current or you may not re-elect any coverage until the next open enrollment period.