USE METLIFE FOR CLAIMS ON OR AFTER 1/1/2020
MetLife is the new disability insurance vendor for 2020. For claims prior to 1/2/2020, see the "2019 | The Hartford" tab above.
2020 | SHORT-TERM DISABILITY (STD)
- What is it? Short-Term Disability (STD) is an insurance that pays you a portion of your earnings if you are sick or hurt and cannot work. STD will help to make up for lost income.
- Do I have it? It is a voluntary benefit -- you must select it at the time of your New Hire enrollment or during Open Enrollment.
- Why do I need it?
- When determining if you need Short Term Disability, consider your leave balances.
- If you do not elect STD as a new hire, and later decide you may need it, there will be a longer waiting period for an illness or pregnancy before benefits are payable during your first year of coverage.
- If you are a New Hire or have low leave balances STD may help protect your income if you are unable to work.
- If you have large amounts of leave time accrued you may only receive a minimum payment while you are out on leave.
- STD is offset or reduced by any regular pay, annual leave or sick leave you receive while on STD. Effective for any disability occurring on or after January 1, 2019, donated leave will no longer reduce your STD benefit payment.
- How much will it cost? - See the Active Employee Enrollment Guide for rates
- STD Policy | 2020
- Pregnancy: Frequently Asked Questions
- General Information: metlife.com/StateofArizona/ | 866-264-5144
- Claims: mybenefits.metlife.com/stateofarizona | 866-264-5144 | For claims on or after 1/1/2020
2020 | LONG-TERM DISABILITY (LTD)
- What is it? Long-Term Disability (LTD) is an insurance that protects an employee from loss of income in the event that he or she is unable to work due to illness, injury, or accident for a long period of time.
- Do I have it? Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in one of the State’s two LTD programs. Employee participation is mandatory.
- Where am I enrolled? The employee's retirement system determines the LTD plan enrollment. Please see your retirement plan below to learn more.
POLICIES and CLAIMS INFORMATION
Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Participants
- Broadspire Services, Inc. is administered through ASRS.
- Your LTD benefit will pay up to 66-2/3% of your income earnings during your disability as determined by Broadspire Services, Inc. and based on supporting medical documentation.
- Your benefits may be subject to an offset based on Social Security payments, retirement benefits and other disability benefits.
- LTD benefits can be paid until age 65 or until you are able to return to work after your disability as determined by Broadspire Services, Inc.
- Medical documentation of your disability is required to continue your payment of benefits.
- Broadspire Guide
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) page
- Claims: Contact [email protected] to request a claims packet
Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP)
Elected Officials Retirement Plan (EORP)
Options Retirement Plan of the Universities (TIAA-CREF, and Fidelity Investments)
Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS)
Non-Arizona STATE RETIREMENT SYSTEM (ASRS) Participants
- MetLife is the vendor for Long-term Disability administered through Benefit Options to non-ASRS participants.
- Your LTD benefit may pay up to 66-2/3% of your monthly pre-disability earnings with a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month during your disability as determined by MetLife and based on supporting medical documentation.
- LTD Policy | 2020
- General Information: metlife.com/StateofArizona/ | 866-232-0596
- Claims:mybenefits.metlife.com/stateofarizona | 866-264-5144 | For claims on or after 1/1/2020