PROTECT YOUR HEALTH & YOUR WALLET
When you have to visit a provider, how do you know which one suits your situation? Matching the service to the need is key to stretching your healthcare dollar.
- Choosing Care Chart - See the differences in service and costs among your healthcare choices with our easy-to-read chart below.
- Print Version
THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY
1) Preventive Care Services - Provided at $0 cost.
- Our plans have include preventive care to prevent illnesses or diseases. Providing these services at no cost is based on the idea that getting preventive care, such as screenings and immunizations, can help you and your family stay healthy. Preventive care may also help reduce your health care costs down the road if you catch a problem early, or if an immunization keeps you from getting a serious illness. A few examples of preventive care services:
- Wellness visits and standard immunizations.
- Screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, and Type 2 diabetes.
- Mammograms, prostate exams, and colonoscopies.
- Pediatric screenings for hearing, vision, autism and developmental disorders.
2) Choose the Right Care For Your Needs - Save up to $180 on an ER visit.
- Get expert advice on where to go for care by speaking with a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when you call the Nurseline number on the back of your medical card.
- With this $0 cost service, you’ll get help to decide if you need to visit your doctor, urgent care or the ER.
- Learn more about choosing the right care in the chart below.
3) HIP - Health Impact Program - Earn up to a $200 incentive.
- HIP is a comprehensive wellbeing program to help you achieve your physical, financial, personal and professional wellbeing goals all while having fun and meeting milestones along the way.
- Reach 500 points in 2020 and be paid the incentive in the first quarter of 2021! Learn more and sign up today.
THINGS YOU CAN DO DURING OPEN ENROLLMENT
4) Make Sure You Have The Best Plan for Your Needs - Save on premiums.
- Oftentimes, our members carry coverage that is more than they need, resulting in higher costs. That’s why we offer ALEX, the virtual benefits counselor.
- This easy-to-use program will help you explore your options, and determine the most appropriate and cost-effective plans for you.
- It just takes a few minutes and is completely confidential.
- Please note, after using ALEX, you must log in to yes.az.gov to elect your benefits.
- Plan to visit ALEX during Open Enrollment.
5) Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Debit Card - Save by paying with pre-tax dollars.
- During open enrollment, you decide how much you want to set aside for medical expenses on a pre-tax basis per pay period. In December, request a debit card from our FSA vendor.
- In January, your debit card is pre-loaded with the entire annual amount you want to set aside. You swipe the card at the doctor’s office or pharmacy to pay for qualified medical expenses.
- If you choose at least the amount of your deductible, you will be able to cover that cost with pre-tax dollars.
- In addition, most people save at least 25% on each pre-tax dollar that is set aside in the program.
- Learn more and plan to sign up during Open Enrollment.