A. Any employee eligible for benefits may enroll in the HSA. In order for an employee to open or contribute to a Health Savings Account, however, he/she must not be...
- Covered by any non-HSA-qualified health plan
- Entitled to benefits under Medicare
- Claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return
- Participating in a flexible spending account (FSA) program in its active period
- Participating in an FSA program in its grace period if his/her FSA balance at the end of the active period was greater than zero.