BENEFITS ELIGIBLE PERSONS
You and your eligible dependents may participate in the Benefits Options program if:
- You are an active employee of the State or a State University and are regularly scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week for at least 90 days or longer; OR
- You are a seasonal, temporary, or variable hour employee that has been paid for an average of at least 30 hours per week using a 12-month measurement period.
Spouse & Dependents
- Your legal spouse
- Your child(ren) under 26 years old defined as:
- Your natural child, adopted child, stepchild, foster child, or a child for whom you have court-ordered guardianship.
- Your child who is disabled and continues to be disabled as defined by 42 U.S.C. 1382c before the age of 26.
ADDING/REMOVING COVERAGE - Qualified Life Events
To learn more about adding or removing your spouse and dependents from your benefits, visit the Qualified Life Events page.
Returning from an Approved Leave
If coverage was modified at initiation of leave, you must elect your previous level of medical, dental and/or vision coverage.
Premiums must be current or you may not re-elect any coverage until the next open enrollment period.