RETIRED EMPLOYEE/LTD INSTRUCTIONS
TO KEEP YOUR CURRENT COVERAGE
- To keep your current coverage for 2020, you do not need to re-enroll.
- Your current benefit elections with ADOA will continue for the plan year starting Jan. 1, 2020 with no premium increases or changes to your subsidy.
- PLEASE NOTE: There are deductible and out-of-pocket maximum changes for 2020. See the 2020 Retiree Enrollment Guide.
TO CHANGE YOUR COVERAGE
- Make new elections online at yes.az.gov. For instructions, see page 4 in the 2020 Retiree Enrollment Guide.
- OR fill out the enrollment form and return it via email, fax or mail as listed on the form.
- To change ADOA Medical with Medicare coverage, fill out the enrollment form and return.
- To change from ADOA coverage to Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) coverage, fill out the enrollment form, check “decline” and return. (Then enroll with ASRS at azasrs.gov.)
- Mailed forms must be postmarked by Nov. 8, 2019.
- All changes are effective on Jan. 1, 2020.
PLAN CHANGES FOR 2020
- MEDICAL: DEDUCTIBLE INCREASES
- EPO Deductibles - $200 employee/$400 family
- PPO Deductibles - In-Network: $1,000 employee/$2,000 family, out-of-Network: $2,000 employee/$4,000 family
- MEDICAL: PPO OUT-OF-POCKET MAXIMUM INCREASES
- In-Network $1,500 employee/$3,000 family, out-of-Network-$7,000 employee/$14,000 family
Retiree Only Benefits Expo
- October 16, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Arizona Department of Administration, 100 N. 15th Ave, Phoenix
- Note: Flu Shots will be available from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Statewide Benefits Expos
- Bring your questions and speak with vendor representatives at our events across the state. | Full Schedule
GUIDE & RATES
Simple explanations of each benefit - includes current rates. | 2020 Retiree Enrollment Guide
Enrollment is entirely online at yes.az.gov. If you happen to need a form, visit our forms page.
ADOA vs. ASRS - WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
The Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) and the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) each administer their own retiree health insurance plans independent of each other. You may receive an Open Enrollment packet from both agencies. Each agency has its own set of plan options as well as its own set of important -and different - deadlines.
If you have coverage with ASRS, you must contact that agency to change your coverage by visiting azasrs.gov.
ASRS 2020 Open Enrollment is November 1-30, 2019.
Check your coverage - Learn how to check your coverage with ASRS with this quick video.
All communications sent to date.
Email - "Upcoming Changes to Your 2020 Benefits Package" - Jun. 28, 2019
Email - "ADOA Benefits Open Enrollment 2020 Mailing Coming to Your Home" - Oct. 8, 2019
Mailing - Open Enrollment Packet - Oct. 7, 2019