COVID-19 Update: Testing, Treatment and Telehealth Visits at No Cost
In continuing support of the Governor's efforts to proactively address the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of Arizona's Benefits Services Division is offering you and your covered dependents expanded coverage for COVID-19 services at no cost. Your health care plan will now pay for the treatment of COVID-19 at in-network facilities and providers.
What This Means
- For a COVID-19 diagnosis, there will be no deductible, copays or coinsurance for:
- Testing at in-network or out-of-network facilities.
- Treatment at in-network facilities and providers. For example, if you have to get treatment at an in-network hospital, you will be covered at no cost.
- This includes plans with all carriers.
- This includes telehealth services.
- Effective immediately through January 20, 2021.
- Letter for Medical Provider Explaining No Cost Treatment | Link
COVID-19 Resource Page
For information on testing and critical assistance from government agencies, please visit benefitoptions.az.gov/covid-19.
2020 - The State of Arizona offers medical coverage through four carriers. The plan is identical with each carrier. The difference is the provider networks. When choosing a plan, check with your medical providers (doctors, therapists, etc.) to confirm that they accept the plan.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
2021 - The State of Arizona offers medical coverage through two medical carriers. The plan is identical with each carrier. The difference is the provider networks. When choosing a plan, check with the carrier websites to ensure your providers are on the plan. Use the links provided here. Do not use the main carrier websites.
MEDICAL ID CARDS
When you enroll in medical and dental benefits you will receive a medical ID card within a few weeks. You can also access your ID card via the insurance company’s website or app. If you need assistance before you can retrieve your card information, contact the carriers.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ | azblue.com | 866-287-1980 |Group: 30855
- UnitedHealthcare | 800-896-1067 | myuhc.com | Group: 705963
Summary of Benefits and Coverage | SBC
A Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) is an easy-to-understand overview of a health plan's benefits and coverage. The documents listed here apply to all medical plans, regardless of the provider network (carriers).
PREMIUMS & COPAYS | WITH AND WITHOUT MEDICARE
2020 | See pg. 9 of the Retiree Benefits Enrollment Guide - 2020
2021 | See pg. 11 of the Retiree Benefits Enrollment Guide - 2021