Changes that are allowed at any time throughout the plan year:
- Decline Short-Term Disability coverage
- Decrease Supplemental Life in increments of $5,000 to pre-tax amount of $35K, if applicable
- Decline Dependent life
- Life insurance beneficiary changes
HOW TO CHANGE BENEFITS FOR A QUALIFIED LIFE EVENT (QLE)
- Gather: All required documentation as listed on the QLE and Mid-Year Changes Chart
- Fill out: Declaration for Change Form
- Fill out: Active Benefits Enrollment Form-2020
- Deadline: Submit both forms WITH required documentation within 31 days of the QLE.
- Any missing information or supporting documents will delay processing.
- Email: [email protected]
- FAX: 602-542-4744
NEWBORN COVERAGE - 31 DAY DEADLINE
Your newborn is ONLY
covered under your insurance for the first 31 days after birth.
Before the 31st day, you must ENROLL your newborn as a dependent.
Deadline: If you miss the 31-day requirement, your newborn will not have coverage. You will have to wait to enroll until the next Open Enrollment or Qualified Life Event.
To enroll your child, submit a declaration for Change form with a birth certificate, crib card or hospital verification letter. You do not have to wait for the birth certificate.
Refer to How to Change Benefits for a Qualified Life Event (QLE) as seen above.