DUPLICATE/DUAL ENROLLMENT - BOTH SPOUSES STATE EMPLOYEES
Duplicate/dual enrollment in State plans is prohibited and will be terminated with no refunds for the premiums paid. For spouses who are State and/or a State University employees and/or retirees, these rules apply:
- You cannot enroll each other as dependents, nor have your children enrolled twice.
- One spouse may elect coverage for the entire family, or each spouse may elect their own individual coverage.
- Dependent children can be on one spouse's policy or divided between spouses.
- If your child is a State and/or State University employee, he/she cannot be enrolled as a single subscriber in a State plan and as a dependent on your policy.
- You cannot enroll simultaneously as a single subscriber in the retiree medical, dental, and/or vision plans for the Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) AND the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
TERMINATION OF COVERAGE - CONTINUATION OF BENEFITS
If your benefits are terminated, you may have options to continue coverage:
- If you experience a loss of coverage due to termination of employment or a QLE, you and or your dependents may extend coverage in accordance with COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act).
- The Benefits Services Division will determine eligibility.
- Learn more on our COBRA page.
- Life Insurance