UHC AND PHOENIX CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL NEGOTIATIONS 2023
You may have received a letter from UnitedHealthcare (UHC) recently with information about their contract negotiations with Phoenix Children’s Hospital (PCH). The contract is set to expire on May 31 and the parties are meeting frequently to come to an agreement.
The care of our employees, retirees, and dependents is of critical importance to us. We are encouraging both parties to continue the negotiations in good faith and are hopeful that an agreement will be reached.
To learn more about the negotiations, view frequently asked questions, and potentially impacted providers, please visit the dedicated webpages for UHC and PHC.Read More
COVID-19 VACCINES AND TESTS REMAIN FREE AND WIDELY AVAILABLE
- Learn more on our COVID page.
- Triple Choice Plan
- General Plan Overview - (for Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Summary Plan Description (SPD) see below)
- Premiums and Copays
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HDHP w/HSA)
- General Plan Overview (for Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Summary Plan Description (SPD) see below)
- Premiums and Copays
- HSA Account Information - for use with the HDHP plan only
The State of Arizona offers medical coverage through two carriers. The plan is identical with each carrier. The difference is the provider networks. Both carriers offer coverage nationwide. When choosing a plan, check with your medical providers (doctors, therapists, etc.) to confirm that they accept the plan. Use the links provided here. Do not use the main carrier websites.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ | 866-287-1980
- Preview Site, including doctors and facilities - azblue.com/stateofaz
- Members - azblue.com
- Group: 30855
- UnitedHealthcare | 800-896-1067
- Preview Site, including doctors and facilities - whyuhc.com/stateofaz
- Members - myuhc.com
- Group: 705963
- Medical ID Cards - When you enroll in medical benefits, you will receive a medical ID card within a few weeks. You can also access your ID card via the insurance company’s website or app. Contact your carrier if you need assistance before you can retrieve your card information.
COST ESTIMATOR TOOLS / TRANSPARENCY IN COVERAGE
To learn more about the pricing for coverage, see the following information:
- BlueCross BlueShield - Visit member.azblue.com > in the search bar at the top of the page, select "Find a doctor, facility, or estimate costs," then enter the procedure name.
- UnitedHealthcare - Visit myuhc.com> Select the "Find Costs & Care" tab and search by category, provider, or service to view a cost estimate.
- Database files - These machine-readable files are made available to fulfill federal requirements. For best results, use the tools listed above. | BCBS | UHC
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS AND COVERAGE | SBC
A Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) is an easy-to-understand overview of a health plan's benefits and coverage. The documents listed here apply to both medical plans, regardless of the provider network (carriers).
SUMMARY PLAN DESCRIPTION | SPD
The Summary Plan Description (SPD) describes what the plan provides and how it operates. The documents listed here apply to both medical plans, regardless of the provider network (carriers).