- Our vendor is Securian.
- The State provides policies to all benefits-eligible employees as follows:
- Basic Life - $15,000
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) - $15,000.
- You are able to purchase supplemental coverage for both plans, as well as dependent life insurance.
- What is it? Life Insurance is insurance that pays out a sum of money upon the death of the insured.
- What do I have? $15,000 in Basic Life insurance is provided by the State to benefits-eligible employees.
- Policy | 2021
ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT (AD&D)
- What is it? Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) is insurance that pays an additional benefit if you are seriously injured or die due to a covered accident.
- What do I have? $15,000 of AD&D insurance is provided by the State to benefit-eligible employees.
- Policy | 2021
SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE AND AD&D INSURANCE
- Supplemental Life and AD&D is additional insurance that benefits-eligible employees are allowed to purchase in case of death or dismemberment.
- This is a voluntary benefit. You must select it at the time of initial enrollment or during Open Enrollment.
- New Hires Note: At the time of new hire only, an employee can purchase coverage in multiples of $5,000, not to exceed the lesser of three times your annual earnings, to a maximum of $500,000.
- Policy | 2021
- Portability and Conversion
- You and/or your dependents may have the option to port or convert your life insurance coverage if you leave the State.
- Elections must be made within 31 days from your last day of coverage.
- Portability and Conversion Flyer
- Contact Securian
DEPENDENT LIFE INSURANCE
- The Dependent Life Insurance is life insurance coverage on your dependents.
- It is a voluntary benefit - you must select it at the time of new hire enrollment or during Open Enrollment.
- Available amounts: $2,000, $4,000, $6,000, $10,000, $12,000, $15,000 or $50,000.
- For dependent coverage up to $15,000, you do not have to choose supplemental coverage for yourself.
- For dependent coverage of $50,000, you must have a combined basic and supplemental coverage of at least $50,000.
- Policy | 2021
LIFE INSURANCE CALCULATOR - BENEFITS SCOUT
- Automated tool to determine how much life insurance you need. | Benefits Scout Calculator
- Learn your options - Take the guesswork out of selecting benefits. Learn about your options, what’s included and how they can help you.
- Answer questions - It’s quick and easy. Based on your answers, we’ll provide a few recommended packages for amounts of insurance that make sense for you.
- Get cost estimates - with recommendations designed for you and your family.
- There are separate beneficiaries for your Basic Life and Supplemental Life coverage.
- After any major life change, such as joining state service, marriage, divorce, birth/adoption of a child, or death of a spouse, be sure to review your beneficiaries.
- For example, if an ex-spouse is still named as a beneficiary, the plan will pay out to that person if the beneficiary has not been updated.
- To make beneficiary changes at any time, visit hrsystems.azdoa.gov > YES Portal > Bookmarks > Your Employee Services > Benefits > Beneficiary.
ADDITIONAL FREE SERVICES | LIFESTYLE BENEFITS
There is no additional fee or enrollment for these lifestyle benefits resources. Just access them as you need them. You and your benefits-eligible dependents may access them, even if they are not insured with Securian.
Learn more on lifebenefits.com/plandesign/Arizona > Forms & Documents Tab
- Travel Assistance Flyer- Lost luggage, ID theft support, medical relocation, repatriation of mortal remains, and more
- Legal & Financial Resources Flyer - create a will, get a financial assessment, free consult with an attorney, and more
- Grief Resources Flyer - Unlimited telephone consultation with grief professionals, and more
- Legacy Planning Resources Flyer - end-of-life planning, funeral concierge, and more
Advisor Connection On-demand seminars
Financial education at your fingertips
- Having a good grasp on your personal finances and retirement preparation can offer you a sense of security and help set you up for a secure future. More than 90 percent of Americans say that money has an impact on their stress level.
- Our on-demand seminars, paired with a convenient downloadable workbook, allow you to learn and explore various financial wellness topics from personal finance, retirement preparation, understanding Social Security and Medicare and learn more about saving for college education - and hopefully lower your financial stress. Access webinars here.