New Hire Enrollment
TOPICS ON THIS PAGE
- Benefits Overview
- Enrollment Deadline
- Benefits Start Date
- At Time of New Hire Only - life insurance benefit you can only enroll for at the time you are hired
- Enrollment Guides and Rates
- How To Enroll
- Plan Documents & Legal Notices
Welcome to the State of Arizona! The State offers a wide range of benefits for our employees and their dependents. Be sure to share these quick overviews of our offerings with your family.
- Benefits Summary 1-Page Flyer
- Insurance Pages
- New Hire Orientation Benefits Presentation | Slides | Script
DOCUMENTS from New Hire ORIENTATION BENEFITS PRESENTATION
- New hires should enroll immediately upon hiring. Enrollment must be completed within 31 days of your hire date. See "How to Enroll" below.
- Spouses and Dependents: To view qualifications and documentation requirements for enrollment, visit the Eligibility page.
BENEFITS START DATE
- Benefits start the pay period after you enroll.
- See the General Accounting Office Statewide Payroll Calendar - (under item A on the page)
AT TIME OF NEW HIRE ONLY - LIFE INSURANCE
- Basic Life - The State provides $15,000 in life insurance and AD&D coverage to all employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D - is additional insurance coverage that benefits-eligible employees are allowed to purchase in case of death or dismemberment. This is a voluntary benefit.
- At the time of new hire only, an employee can purchase coverage in multiples of $5,000, not to exceed the lesser of three times your annual earnings, to a maximum of $500,000. Learn more about life insurance.
- If you decline the supplemental insurance at the time of your new hire enrollment, you may enroll during future annual open enrollment periods. However, you will only be able to add up to $20,000 annually in multiples of $5,000, not to exceed the lesser of three times your annual earnings, to a maximum of $500,000.
GUIDES AND RATES
- Active Enrollment Guide | 2023
- Simple explanations of each benefit - includes current rates.
- Active Benefits Guide | 2023
- An in-depth look at your benefits to help you use your plan effectively - includes current rates. Available by January 30.
HOW TO ENROLL
Step 1) Check the Active Employee Enrollment Guide 2023 - for updated benefits information and rates.
Step 2) Visit Picwell - Take a few minutes to answer a few questions in the PicWell decision tool, and get recommendations on plans to suit your needs. (Note: Using PicWell is not enrolling, you can only enroll through hrsystems.azdoa.gov > YES Portal).
Step 3) Enroll - Visit hrsystems.azdoa.gov > YES portal. Click Bookmarks > Your Employee Services > Benefits > New Hire.
PLAN DOCUMENTS AND LEGAL NOTICES
If you participate or enroll in any of the Benefits Options Plans, you are entitled to the following plan documents and legal notices as linked below.
Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
An SBC is an easy-to-understand overview of a health plan's benefits and coverage. | View SBCs
Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), Medicare Notice of Creditable Coverage, Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) Coverage Notice, Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA), HIPAA Special Enrollment Rights Notice, Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA), Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act of 1996 and Wellness Program. | View Legal Notices
Here's what to do
- Contact your agency's benefits liaison
- Call Member Services: 602-542-5008 or 800-304-3687, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, except holidays.
- Email Member Services: [email protected]