TOPICS ON THIS PAGE
Welcome to the State of Arizona! The State offers a wide range of benefits for our employees and their dependents. Be sure to share these quick overviews of our offerings with your family.
DOCUMENTS from New Hire ORIENTATION BENEFITS PRESENTATION
- New hires should enroll immediately upon hiring. Enrollment must be completed within 31 days of your hire date.
- Spouses and Dependents: To view qualifications and documentation requirements for enrollment, visit the Eligibility page.
BENEFITS START DATE
AT TIME OF NEW HIRE ONLY - LIFE INSURANCE
- Basic Life - The State provides $15,000 in life insurance and AD&D coverage to all employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D - is additional insurance coverage that benefits-eligible employees are allowed to purchase in case of death or dismemberment. This is a voluntary benefit.
- At the time of new hire only, an employee can purchase coverage in multiples of $5,000, not to exceed the lesser of three times your annual earnings, to a maximum of $500,000. Learn more about life insurance.
- If you decline the supplemental insurance at the time of your new hire enrollment, you may enroll during future annual open enrollment periods. However, you will only be able to add up to $20,000 annually in multiples of $5,000, not to exceed the lesser of three times your annual earnings, to a maximum of $500,000.
BENEFIT GUIDE AND RATES
- Active Enrollment Guide 2021 - Guide with enrollment instructions and a simple explanation of each benefit - includes current rates.
- Active Benefits Guide for 2021 (available 2/1/2021) - An in-depth look at your benefits to help you use your plan effectively - includes current rates.
HOW TO ENROLL
Step 1) Check the Guides - Check the Active Employee Enrollment Guide 2021 for updated benefits information and rates.
Step 2) Visit ALEX. Our virtual benefits counselor provides confidential estimates and suggestions. While ALEX is accurate to the best of our knowledge, be sure to review the enrollment guide before enrolling. Visit ALEX here.
Step 3) Enroll. After you have evaluated your choices, do the following:
A. Visit hrsystems.azdoa.gov > Y.E.S. Portal
Click the yellow login button
B. Login Page
Username: Employee Identification Number (EIN), which you will obtain from your HR department.
Password: Four digit birth year plus the last 4 digits of your SSN (YYYY1234).
After you login the first time, you will be instructed to change your password.
C. Enroll for 2021
On left side, click "Your Employee Services."
Then click, "Benefits."
Follow the steps to enroll.
PLAN DOCUMENTS AND LEGAL NOTICES
If you participate or enroll in any of the Benefits Options Plans, you are entitled to the following plan documents and legal notices as linked below.
Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
An SBC is an easy-to-understand overview of a health plan's benefits and coverage. | View SBCs
Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), Medicare Notice of Creditable Coverage, Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) Coverage Notice, Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA), HIPAA Special Enrollment Rights Notice, Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA), Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act of 1996 and Wellness Program. | View Legal Notices
Here's what to do
- Contact your agency's benefits liaison
- Call Member Services: 602-542-5008 or 800-304-3687, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, except holidays.
- Email Member Services: [email protected]