COVID-19 Update: Testing, Treatment and Telehealth Visits at No Cost
In continuing support of the Governor's efforts to proactively address the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of Arizona's Benefits Services Division is offering you and your covered dependents expanded coverage for COVID-19 services at no cost. Your health care plan will now pay for the treatment of COVID-19 at in-network facilities and providers.
What This Means
- For a COVID-19 diagnosis, there will be no deductible, copays or coinsurance for:
- Testing at in-network or out-of-network facilities.
- Treatment at in-network facilities and providers. For example, if you have to get treatment at an in-network hospital, you will be covered at no cost.
- This includes the EPO, PPO and HDHP plans with all carriers.
- This includes telehealth services.
- Effective immediately through December 31, 2020.
- Letter for Medical Provider Explaining No Cost Treatment | Link
COVID-19 Resource Page
For information on EAP/ComPsych, coping/relaxation, FSAs, sick leave/FMLA, and critical assistance from government agencies, please visit benefitoptions.az.gov/covid-19.
2020 - The State of Arizona offers medical coverage through four carriers. Each plan has identical benefits with different premiums, deductibles and provider networks. When choosing a plan, check with your medical providers (doctors, therapists, etc.) to confirm that they accept the plan.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
2021 - The State of Arizona offers medical coverage through two carriers. The plan is identical with each carrier. The difference is the provider networks. When choosing a plan, check with your medical providers (doctors, therapists, etc.) to confirm that they accept the plan. Use the links provided here. Do not use the main carrier websites.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS AND COVERAGE (SBC)
2020 - An SBC is an easy-to-understand overview of a health plan's benefits and coverage. | View
2021 - An SBC is an easy-to-understand overview of a health plan's benefits and coverage. | TCP
Full description of each medical plan.
EPO Summary Plan Description (SPD) - applies to all carriers listed above | 2020
PPO Summary Plan Description (SPD) - applies to all carriers listed above | 2020
HDHP with HSA Summary Plan Description - applies to Aetna only | 2020
- HSA Information - common questions, and information from PayFlex, the HSA account administration company.
Triple Choice Plan Summary Plan Description - applies to BCBSAZ and UHC
HDHP with HSA Summary Plan Description - applies to BCBSAZ and UHC
PREMIUMS & COPAYS
See pg. 10 | Active Enrollment Guide 2020
See pg. 11 | Active Enrollment Guide 2021
CARRIER CONTACT INFORMATION
Visit our Contacts page.