ABOUT PHARMACY COVERAGE
- MedImpact is the prescription drug provider for all medical Plans.
- All prescriptions must be filled at an in-Network pharmacy by presenting your medical insurance card.
- Your pharmacy coverage is included in your medical coverage.
- Pharmacy contact information is found on the back of all medical provider ID cards.
MEDIMPACT PHARMACY: 888-648-6769 | Rx BIN: 003585 | Rx PCN: 28914
MEDIMPACT PHARMACY MEMBER PORTAL
Real-time access to personalized healthcare and ﬁnancial information so you can better manage your budget and your healthcare.
- Benefit Highlights – View your copay amounts and other pharmacy benefit information.
- Prior Authorization Status – View the status of your prior authorization requests
- Remaining re-fills and expiration dates
- Complete prior authorization history
- Drug Price Check – Make informed drug choices and compare drug prices.
- Drug Information – Search drugs, check drug interactions, identify pills.
- PersonalHealth Rx® – Print your drug history for a physician visit or tax reporting.
- Pharmacy Locator – Find a participating network pharmacy near you, including preferred pharmacies that may have better pricing for your plan benefits, 24-hour pharmacies and e-prescribing participants.
- Registration Required – For access to the tools you need to manage your pharmacy beneﬁt. Please note that you will need to reregister if you have changed medical carriers.
The formulary is the list of medications chosen by a committee of doctors and pharmacists to help you maximize the value of your prescription benefit. These generic and brand name medications are available at a lower cost. The use of non-preferred medications will result in a higher copay. Sharing the formulary with your doctor helps ensure you are getting the best value, which saves money for you and the State of Arizona.
Changes to the formulary can occur during the Plan Year on a quarterly basis. Medications that no longer offer the best therapeutic value for the Plan are removed from the formulary. Ask your pharmacist to verify the current cost or copay amount when your prescription is filled. Members can log into the MedImpact Pharmacy website for complete formulary information.
Preferred Drug List-MEMBER FRIENDLY FORMULARY
The Preferred Drug List (PDL) is a list of commonly prescribed medications within select classes of drugs covered on your formulary. The formulary is updated regularly and is subject to change without advance notice.
SPECIALTY DRUG LIST
Certain medications used for treating chronic or complex health conditions are handled through the Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy Program. This program assists you with monitoring your medication needs and provides patient education. The program includes monitoring of specific injection drugs and other therapies requiring complex administration methods and special storage, handling, and delivery. The formulary is updated regularly and is subject to change without advance notice.
Specialty medications are limited to a 31-day supply and may be obtained only at a Walgreens retail pharmacy or through the Walgreens Specialty Central Fill facility by calling 888-782-8443.
Essential HEALTH BENEFIT LIST | ACA
In compliance with healthcare reform requirements under the Affordable Care Act, certain preventive medications are covered at zero-copay under the pharmacy benefit as needed. State specific requirements may vary.
HSA SAFE HARBOR PREVENTIVE DRUG LIST
Preventive Drugs are prescribed for people who are at risk for certain diseases but not yet showing signs and symptoms. They are used to prevent a disease or condition, a complication from a disease, or prevent a recurrence of a condition. They are typically not used to treat an existing illness.
You will not pay the full cost of these drugs and the copays will not accumulate to meet the HSA deductible. Only the normal flat dollar copay will apply to these drugs as shown in the list linked here.
GUIDELINES & LIMITS
Some drugs may have additional requirements or limits on coverage. These requirements may include:
Prior Authorization - Prescriptions for certain medications may require clinical approval before they can be filled, even with a valid prescription. These prescriptions may be limited to quantity, frequency, dosage or may have age restrictions. The authorization process may be initiated by you, your local pharmacy, or your physician by contacting MedImpact. Learn more about Prior Authorizations including processing times in this flyer.
Step Therapy Program - The program promotes the use of safe, cost-effective and clinically appropriate medications. This requirement encourages you to try less costly but just as effective drugs before the Plan covers another drug. For example, if Drug A and Drug B treat the same medical condition, the Plan may require you to try Drug A first. If Drug A does not work for you, the Plan will then cover Drug B. This requirement to try a different drug first is called “step therapy.” Learn more about Step Therapy in this flyer.
Quantity Limits - For certain drugs, there are limits on the amount of the drug that will be covered.
CONTROLLING YOUR COSTS
MAIL ORDER PHARMACY
Save money with mail order - receive a three-month supply for the price of a two-month supply.
CHOICE 90 Rx
Save time and money at the pharmacy - in just one visit, pick up a full three-month supply for the price of two-and-a-half copays.
iRx DISCOUNT PROGRAM
- The iRx Program™ may be able to provide a discount on certain brand and generic medications that are not covered by your ADOA pharmacy drug plan.
- Present your medical ID card at any participating pharmacy, along with your prescription for the medication.
- Savings are applied automatically when the item prescribed qualifies for a discount.
GENERIC vs. BRAND NAME DRUGS
Learn the key information about each type of drug in this flyer.
Smoking cessation help is available at no cost to you. All help services are free and available in English and Spanish. To take the first step toward quitting, call 844-866-3727.
State Employees - Completion of the Tobacco Cessation Program makes you eligible for 150 HIP points.
See Pharmacy page in the Active Enrollment Guide.