COVID-19 Update: Testing, Treatment and Telehealth Visits at No Cost - As of April 2, 2020
In continuing support of the Governor's efforts to proactively address the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of Arizona's Benefits Services Divison is offering you and your covered dependents expanded coverage for COVID-19 services at no cost. Your health care plan will now pay for the treatment of COVID-19 at in-network facilities and providers.
What This Means
- For a COVID-19 diagnosis, there will be no deductible, copays or coinsurance for:
- Testing at in-network or out-of-network facilities.
- Treatment at in-network facilities and providers. For example, if you have to get treatment at an in-network hospital, you will be covered at no cost.
- This includes the EPO, PPO and HDHP plans with all carriers.
- This includes telehealth services. (See how to access services below.)
- Effective immediately through June 1, 2020.
COVID-19 Resource Page
For information on EAP/ComPsych, coping/relaxation, FSAs, sick leave/FMLA, and critical assistance from government agencies, please visit benefitoptoins.az.gov/covid-19.
- Why wait for an appointment, drive to the doctor’s office, and sit in a crowded waiting room? You can now connect with a doctor on your mobile device. Services are available 24/7 so you and your family can get care quickly.
- Through live video, doctors review symptoms and medications, perform an exam and may recommend treatment, including prescriptions and lab work, if needed. All doctors are board-certified and extensively trained in telehealth.
- Wait Times: Please note that in this time of increased telehealth use, wait times may be over an hour. Each app has a notification system for expected wait times so you can wait comfortably for your appointment.
- Telehealth can be used for colds, flu, fever, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, allergies, heartburn, indigestion, respiratory issues, migraines, pink eye, eczema, acne, and other non-emergency conditions. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
- Before deductible: $49
- After deductible: EPO/PPO $20, HDHP 10%
How To Use Telemedicine Services
- Choose the Service: All carriers accept our Doctor on Demand service, or you can use the services offered by each carrier as listed below.
- Download: Find the app you want to use on your device’s app store.
- Register: Get your insurance card and register on the app in a few taps.
- Connect: Follow the instructions in the app to connect with a doctor in minutes.
Note: You can also receive 25 HIP points for a telehealth visit.