COVID-19 No-Cost Coverages Ending July 19
As the COVID-19 vaccine becomes widely available, services that were provided for no-cost will be returning to standard coverage starting July 20. See the coverage chart.
- Telehealth/Virtual Visits - For service providers such as Doctor on Demand, Teladoc, AmWell, BlueCare Anywhere and the UnitedHealthcare app, charges are as follows:
- Triple Choice Plan - copay after deductible, HDHP - coinsurance after deductible.
- For virtual visits from your primary care physician, or specialist, you will pay the billed charge before deductible and the copay or coinsurance after deductible.
- This applies to all telehealth services, including mental health.
- COVID-19 Treatment - ER, office visit, inpatient and outpatient care will be charged as per standard coverage. Testing and vaccines remain free.
- Prescription Drugs - “Refill too soon” restrictions will resume, so prescriptions will be refilled on the standard schedule.
COVID-19 Vaccines and Tests Remain Free and Widely Available
- Safe, effective, and free vaccines are widely available at doctor’s offices, pharmacies, and numerous other locations around the state. Arizonans age 12 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine. You can find a vaccine site at azdhs.gov.
- COVID-19 testing is also widely available, please visit azdhs.gov. Please help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by getting tested if you have symptoms and isolating if you test positive.
- Why wait for an appointment, drive to the doctor’s office, and sit in a crowded waiting room? You can now connect with a doctor on your mobile device. Services are available 24/7 so you and your family can get care quickly.
- Through live video, doctors review symptoms and medications, perform an exam and may recommend treatment, including prescriptions and lab work, if needed. All doctors are board-certified and extensively trained in telehealth.
- Telehealth can be used for colds, flu, fever, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, allergies, heartburn, indigestion, respiratory issues, migraines, pink eye, eczema, acne, and other non-emergency conditions. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
- Mental Health Services are now also available.
- Triple Choice Plan: $49 or $20 copay after deductible.
- HDHP: $49 or 10% after deductible.
- This applies to all telemedicine services, including mental health.
How To Use TELEHEALTH Services
- Choose the Service: All carriers accept our Doctor on Demand service, or you can use the services offered by each carrier as listed below.
- Download: Find the app you want to use on your device’s app store.
- Register: Get your insurance card and register on the app in a few taps.
- Connect: Follow the instructions in the app to connect with a doctor in minutes.
American Sign Language Access
To access an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter for your Doctor on Demand visit, please follow these instructions.
Note: You can also receive 25 HIP points for a telehealth visit.