Medical | Retiree/LTD
Dignity Health Leaves BlueCross BlueShield of Arizona (BCBSAZ) Network
Dignity Health and BCBSAZ could not reach an agreement on a fair contract rate increase, and therefore, effective February 1, 2024, the following facilities are out-of-network for BCBSAZ except for emergency services, in-process treatment, and hospital stays.
The impacted facilities are St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Chandler Regional Medical Center, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, St. Joseph's Westgate Medical Center, Arizona General Hospital Laveen, and Arizona General Hospital Mesa, as well as their affiliated outpatient surgical centers and physician groups.
Please see this BCBSAZ information page for further information on what to do if you have a scheduled surgery or for a list of alternative providers.
There is one medical plan offered by two carriers - BlueCross Blue Shield of Arizona and UnitedHealthcare.
- The State of Arizona offers medical coverage through two medical carriers. The plan is identical for each carrier. The difference is the provider networks. Both carriers offer coverage nationwide.
- When choosing a plan, check with the carrier websites to ensure your providers are on the plan. Do not use the main carrier websites. Use the links provided here.
To learn more about the pricing for coverage, see the following information:
- BlueCross BlueShield - Visit member.azblue.com > in the search bar at the top of the page, select "Find a doctor, facility, or estimate costs," then enter the procedure name.
- UnitedHealthcare - Visit myuhc.com > Select the "Find Costs & Care" tab and search by category, provider, or service to view a cost estimate.
- Database files - These machine-readable files are made available to fulfill federal requirements. For best results, use the tools listed above. | BCBS | UHC
A Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) is an easy-to-understand overview of a health plan's benefits and coverage. The documents listed here apply to all medical plans, regardless of the provider network (carriers).
- Triple Choice Plan | SBC - applies to BCBSAZ and UHC
The Summary Plan Description (SPD) describes what the plan provides and how it operates. The documents listed here apply to both medical plans, regardless of the provider network (carriers).